cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red light hub

steve1711
Joining in

My Hub has a constant red light. I have rebooted multiple times, can anyone help? 

4 REPLIES 4

SMiThaYe
On our wavelength

Red light normally means your broadband service is down - I have this issue too and all my services are down right now.

You can quickly check if this is the case by entering your postcode and surname on Virgin Media status checker:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/service-status

Alternatively you can phone automated service checker:

0800 561 0061

It'll tell you what services are down, a date and time it'll be fixed by, and you should register for any loss of service for potential compensation, and updates via text message.

BQM

steve1711
Joining in

No services aren’t down, the hub is hot to the touch

Try this: Turn off the power on the back of the hub for a couple of minutes, its a little switch. Always keep the hub upright and in the open for good ventilation. Recheck cables and turn on the hub. If this doesn't help it does suggest a problem the hub. My old hub 4 used to get quite warm but not hot so that is not operating normally.

If services were down or intermittant one of the forum team could send out a technician to look at it. However, if they don't find a fault be aware they can charge for callouts if there are no issues detected. It takes them a while to read through the forum so for now you could contact Virgin on 150 yourself, inform them and the technician the hub is hot and what checks you've already done.

BQM

Hi steve1711,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community.

I'm very sorry to hear about the red light on the hub. 

I have taken a look on our side and it looks as though you have been able to speak with an agent regarding this. 

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance. 

^Martin