cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red light hub 3 again

tsukasa82
On our wavelength

Hi, I seem to be having an this issue with my Hub 3 again. This last happened 26th march 2022. Its constantly having a solid red light. And engineer came out to replace it but is now having this issue.

I have checked all connections, it is in a well ventilated spot, turned it off over night, it is not in modem mode and have done diagnostics via the admin page and via the my virgin media app, but nothing. And it does not seem to be over heating as it is not hot to touch. It has been a month since and had no issues with Internet or Wi-Fi.

Sadly today I had an issue where I lost connection and the Wi-Fi light started flashing twice a second. Looked on the router status page and saw this.

NOTICE ATOM is restarted due to Kernel/oops panic as part of Self Healing Mechanism ;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

1000000951.jpg

I would like to ask if I could get a replacement sent out or an upgrade to a new hub please.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @tsukasa82 

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear you are experiencing a red hub light again. We can understand your concern and we want to do our best to help. To best look into this, I have sent you a private message. Please keep an eye out for an envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. Let me know if you have any issues locating this.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

FYI - Re ATOM log - see this

See messages 4 and 8 in herehttps://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/NOTICE-ATOM-is-restarted-due-to-Kernel-oops...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

No problem at all @tsukasa82 

Please let us know how the appointment goes and if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs