cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red light bar

Kyzerii
Joining in

So my virgin hub has been working fine for ages but all of a sudden a few days ago the light bar went red instead of white. no other lights or indicators just the red light bar. The internet seem about normal. wifi speed is what it usually is. the latency has gotten worse though. before with wired i was getting about 20-24 ping consistently when pinging the london AWS server. Not its much more varies with it going up into the 40's. upload speeds seem normal too. i checked all the cables and connections werent loose and made sure it wasnt overheating. ive done like 3 restarts. but everytime it keeps showing the same red light while most of its function seems normal.

6 REPLIES 6

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Kyzerii,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 😊

Sorry to hear you're having some issues with the hub, thank you for trying a reboot etc already.

This is something we'll need to arrange an engineer visit for. Before I can do this I'll need to confirm a few details, so I've popped you over a private message.

Alex_Rm

sorry for taking so long for the response. i have DM'd you now. Thanks for the reply.

Hi @Kyzerii 

Thanks so much for joining us on PM and allowing us to book a technician visit for the red light issue.  You can check the date and time via your online account. If you have any issues with accessing your online account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to confirm.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:

The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment
The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.
Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.
If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.
Let us know how the visit goes 🙂

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Kyzerii
Joining in

Hey there. How can i check the visit info? i went to my online account and the only thing there about this sort of think was "orders an appointments" which was empty. Am i checking the wrong place?

Hi there @Kyzerii 

The visit should be showing in this section of your profile. 

If you are unable to see the appointment and need to confirm or change you can ask via WhatsApp on 07305327112 or just pop back to the agent that booked this for you via the PM and they will be able to confirm.

Thanks for speaking with us today @Kyzerii on the forums. 👋🏼

We're sorry for the hiccup that occurred with the appointment the other day, we have mentioned how we will make up for this in our private conversation and have rescheduled the appointment, which in our private conversation we have mentioned the details.

Let us know how it goes with that appointment coming up and we'll monitor it to ensure the appointment goes through.
Reach out to us if you have any other queries and we'll assist.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs