Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Red light Wifi Issues

I've have a constant red light on the router (hub 3)

I have done a full factory reset (multiple times) - Reconnected all cables 

My Wi-Fi is still working but drops out and the signal strength is v poor, it used to cover my house but doesn't any longer

I have to wire my laptop into the router to be able to do my work as signal dropping out is a major issue in the job I do, meaning I cant use my office.

I have tried to ring Virgin 3 times but every time after about an hour of being on hold they just cut me off without getting through to any one. 

I guess all I need is a new router sending out and maybe a signal booster for my office. 

I have logged an official complaint and I am still waiting for someone to contact me. 

I had though Virgin was a premium service but the customer support is basically none existent, calling it poor would be a massive understatement.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Red light Wifi Issues

registered a compliant - with respect give them chance

a red light usually means the hub3 is over heating - will still work as you have found but needs replacing - if its not boxed in its just faulty - i would not leave it on at night or if you are not in the house - unlikely to be a problem bet better safe than sorry

will flag the thread to get VM here to organise a replacement

Tony
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply.

I have spent three hours on hold just getting cut off before I logged the complaint! So I thought I’d given them a chance.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Good morning @crantockjude 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post.

I have reviewed what you have advised, we are defiantly going to need to send you out a replacement hub 3. 

I have taken this opportunity to order this for you, It should be with you in the next 3-5 days, 

I would also be more than happy to order a WiFi booster if needed however please note that there is an additional £3 a month charge for these. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. I’ll wait and see how new hub performs before deciding on a booster. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No problem at all, 

If you need us to order the boosters then please do let us know. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have the new router up and running and the wifi is much more stable now. Thank you.

I have downloaded the connect app and checked my service around the house. I do have a bit of a black spot in the office where the WiFi is signal very weak.

I read that if you are a telephone, wifi and broadband customer you should be able to get a booster for free, does my account not qualify for this as I do take all three?

I do not want to pay an extra £3 per month for a booster and would rather purchase an off the shelf one with a one off cost if I do not qualify to get the Virgin one for free.

Could you check this for me and if not is there any off the shelf boosters you would recommend?

0 Kudos