cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red ligh on hub for weeks

Shell1278
Joining in

I’ve been having issues with a red light in my box for weeks. Done all the usual checks-resetting, checking wires etc. 

do I need a new hub? 

7 REPLIES 7

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Shell1278

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community. 

I am sorry to hear that.

The red light indicates that either the router is overheating, or there's an issue with the connection to the LED. 

Could I please confirm you have done the following?

• Turn the power switch off on the back of the Hub. 

• Ensure the Hub is upright, in a well-ventilated location, and, if at all possible, out of direct sunlight. 

• Then use the power switch to turn the unit back on. 

If you have, the red light is still on, then yes you will need a replacement.

We can assist with that here for you.

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Yes I have tried all that you stated and still the same 

Okay thank you.

I will send you a private message now so we can arrange the new hub.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Shell1278, I am picking this up on behalf of my colleague.  

Before I book a tech visit, please can you confirm you've also tried a pinhole reset of your hub, as per here?  Please only try, if you're still able to clearly see your original WiFi password.

Regards

Lee_R

Yea I have also tried that 

Thanks for coming back to us Shell1278, I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

I have arranged a technician appointment for you, this appointment can be tracked. Please sign into My Virgin Media and you will see your appointments on your account dashboard. However, this can take up to 24 hours to be updated.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for.
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Kind Regards,
Steven_L