cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Power Light on Hub 3

Rob-Kirsten
On our wavelength

Hi mate, did you ever get a fix to this issue? I have the same problem myself now and am wondering what your eventual outcome was?

[MOD EDIT: Post split to create own thread]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Rob-Kirsten,

Thanks for coming back to via private message to confirm your information. 

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM. Once logged in, scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. You can also view this in the My VM app. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you another message to pass data protection and then confirm the appointment details. Just to confirm, there will be no charge for this visit. 

Please ensure that someone over the age of 18 is at the property for the time the engineer is there. If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. If you do miss the appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment so it is important to reschedule if needed. 

Lets us know how the appointment goes. 

In terms of the package, we're not able to do package changes via the Community. You would need to give the team a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 for them to check things for you. 

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Power off the hub, leave for 10 minutes, power on. If the red LED persists you will need a new hub.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Rob-Kirsten,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.
I'm sorry to hear of your issues with your hub right now, have you been able to do what @Tudor suggested?

Is your hub in modem or router mode at the moment? 

Regards

Steven_L

@Steven_L I'm assuling its in Router mode as never changed it to any other mode since we've had it, Our original contract ended in March 2019 after the 18 month one and we've been rolling ever since, so thats why I'm assuming in Router mode.

Also I'm in Router mode confirmed, never switched to modem mode

Rob-Kirsten
On our wavelength

,@Tudor,  Thanks mate did as you suggested but still a red light where the white light has always been till now.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Steven_L will get to your post and arrange a technician’s visit. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Hi Rob-Kirsten, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one and for confirming things. 

We will need to get a replacement hub sent to you. Depending on your account, we may need to book an engineer visit. Either way I will need to confirm your address 🙂 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Rob-Kirsten,

Thanks for coming back to via private message to confirm your information. 

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM. Once logged in, scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. You can also view this in the My VM app. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you another message to pass data protection and then confirm the appointment details. Just to confirm, there will be no charge for this visit. 

Please ensure that someone over the age of 18 is at the property for the time the engineer is there. If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. If you do miss the appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment so it is important to reschedule if needed. 

Lets us know how the appointment goes. 

In terms of the package, we're not able to do package changes via the Community. You would need to give the team a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 for them to check things for you. 

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

it's not showing any orders or appointments!