cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Light on Hub 3.0

johnread1201
Joining in

My hub has been displaying a red light for over a month and I’m experiencing intermittent connection problems

It’s located in a well ventilated area and is not hot to touch but depite rebooting and doing a pin hole reset several times, the problem persists.

Does the hub need replacing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Client62
Legend

Hub 3 RED Hot or not ?

It can be the LED is fading or it can an over temperature fault.

To check login in to the Hub 3 menu at http://192.168.0.1/   use the numeric Hub password from the bottom side label.   ( hint ... not the Wi-Fi password )

Run the Network diagnostic tool

Scroll down through the results and find the Temperature entry.   Is it normal ? 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Client62
Legend

Hub 3 RED Hot or not ?

It can be the LED is fading or it can an over temperature fault.

To check login in to the Hub 3 menu at http://192.168.0.1/   use the numeric Hub password from the bottom side label.   ( hint ... not the Wi-Fi password )

Run the Network diagnostic tool

Scroll down through the results and find the Temperature entry.   Is it normal ? 

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @johnread1201,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with your Hub 3 displaying a constant red light. If you haven't done so already, please follow these steps.

• Turn the power switch off on the back of the Hub.

• Ensure the Hub is upright, in a well-ventilated location, and, if at all possible, out of direct sunlight.

• Then use the power switch to turn the unit back on. The Hub should now operate normally.

If the issue remains after following the above, please respond to the private message that I'll be sending to you shortly and we can proceed from there with this.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Thanks.

I’ve run the Newtork diagnostic tool and the temperture is normal.

The results do say that the network has wifi connection problems but is doesn’t specify what they are.

Thanks Zach.

I’ve followed the above steps and the issue remains.

Client62
Legend

We see the same Hub 3 messages of poor WI-Fi signal, it is our mobiles  or Kindles or laptops that have reduced their Wi-Fi transmission power so as to remain connected at a low speed & to save on battery during extended idle periods.

Thanks for coming back to the thread @johnread1201.

We'll need to ensure that the hub is replaced in this circumstance for you - as the red light would be a symbol of potential overheating, and of course we wouldn't want any customers to be at risk of any potential health and safety risks.

Check out the envelope in the top right hand corner and I'll take some details from you to arrange the replacement.

Thanks,

David_Bn

Thanks for working with me over our private messaging function @johnread1201, and I'm pleased to have this resolved for you.

Do please keep us posted on how the replacement serves you, and let us know if anything further is required.

Thanks,

David_Bn