Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Recent email from Virgin.

I very much enjoyed the email from virgin today. 
Titled.: What does your usage say about you?

Well after today’s fiasco I know what my usage says. It will show I was completely offline. Internet and TV.   Due to  second compete outage of your service.  

My job relies on a reasonably stable internet connection.   Come on Virgin pull your socks up!!!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Recent email from Virgin.

Good Afternoon ChristianLeigh,

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry to see you've been having issues with our services. 

Has this issue since been resolved or is this still on going?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

It’s working now but has concerned me that this could occur at a critical time. 
One thing that is reliable though is the billing. Every month bang on time. Can’t see you guys getting that wrong. Surprised there was no blanket discount applied for the many thousands of customers that experienced an outage from 10am to at around 2pm. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me and I'm pleased to see that this has now been resolved for you.

We're part of the automated crediting scheme put in place by Ofcom, take a look at this handy link for further information in regards to credits

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Lol.  

Can we expect further unplanned outages?  One imagines they too might eventually be solved.

How is that customer service? 

How about, we're very sorry for a city wide outage of our service, and as a token of our appreciation for your understanding we refund a part of that months service cost?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Many thousands? Where is that figure from?

And how can one "expect" unplanned outages - that's why they're called "unplanned".

You need to apply for the compensation yourself.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

See below BBC News.. I was one of those THOUSANDS as were many colleagues at the company I work for.. spread out across London so I know it wasn't just my area, and was considerably broader impact the Virgin suggests in their reply to the BBC.  Even the TV was out.

This was the 2nd outage in as many months as it happened in April (although then only the broadband).

One thing we can all be sure of is that Virgin won't forget to bill us.

News article Included for reference below.

BBC News 25th June

A network problem at Virgin Media left many customers in London without internet access on Thursday morning.

Thousands of customers reported issues on the Down Detector website, and complained on social media that they could not work from home.

Virgin Media said the issue only affected broadband customers in some areas of London.

It said the problem had been fixed on Thursday afternoon and apologised for the situation.

"We're pleased to say the London broadband issue is now fixed. We're sorry once again and we realise this was a frustrating situation for those affected," it said.

Customers in Clapham, Ealing, Putney and Stanmore were among those complaining on Twitter.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Outages happen... it can't be helped...

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Well that was such big outage and so prolonged (from 10:00 to 14:45 in weekday business hours) and it was so widespread and lamentably repeated in as many months, that you'd think they'd compensate customers for that.  Any normal business would.

But to the earlier point... its nice to know its working... for now...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Someone needs to ask the network gremlins to not be naughty during key times eh?

Not possible...

0 Kudos