Menu
martinlburke
Dialled in
Message 51 of 61
Flag for a moderator

Re: Rebooting router

Have enough of this router now as it went down two days ago none of the ethernet ports work have now had to route everything including all my ethernet though the pods to get any sort of connection. It literally all cut out yesterday about 630pm had to reset the pods to get online.

Can someone send Steve blackout with a working Superhub and reset my pods to its new mac address preferably the latest hub and not a sh3.

Another thing the configuration file is constantly changing each time the network in the house drops is that normal ??

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 52 of 61
Flag for a moderator

Hi Martin,

Thanks for coming back to us, sorry to hear you are still facing issues, I have had a look at things our end and cannot see any issues at all, so we can get a better idea please set up a free “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any network dropouts.

The BQM will monitor your connection 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with us. Make sure you uncheck the “ignore ping from WAN side” box in the settings if you see a wall of "red" - note it will take an hour or two to start seeing a sensible picture. please run this for 72 hours and post the results here so we can have a further look into this for you.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
martinlburke
Dialled in
Message 53 of 61
Flag for a moderator

Been and done that see previous posts about BQM. STEVE has been 2x now and had tried everything. It's the router that's at fault the ports stop working and then the WiFi eventually drops IF anything is plugged in it dropped today around 12pm for about 30mins total reboot of the router as well

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 54 of 61
Flag for a moderator

Hi Martin,

Please run this so we can see this in real time then if required we will be able to arrange a technician.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
martinlburke
Dialled in
Message 55 of 61
Flag for a moderator

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/258d500c445ef596b9d289895bd39f7284d96dde

This is the BQM 

Send out Steve who was supposed to call Friday surprise but he didn't with a new hub.

Also will be expecting a refund on last month's and this month's bill as I can't have broadband dropping off virtually every day as the security system is going via wifi and ethernet.

0 Kudos
martinlburke
Dialled in
Message 56 of 61
Flag for a moderator

Anyone know who to contact to make an official complaint about Virgin Media and lack of service due to equipment/line  failure?

0 Kudos
Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 57 of 61
Flag for a moderator

Hi @martinlburke

Thanks for posting on our community forum.

My apologies for the inconvenience, could you reboot the hub so I can compare the power levels before / after the reboot?

As for the complaint, our code of practice can be found here at https://virg.in/comcop

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
martinlburke
Dialled in
Message 58 of 61
Flag for a moderator

I'm not sure WHAT that's going to do other than make me have to reboot the pods as well and I'm NOT going to be doing this as it takes 30 Mins for everything to reconnect including the PODS which I'll probably have to remove from the wall wait for the router to connect then turn them on one at a time wait for that to connect then the other one.

Oh and I also then have to reboot all the 50 odd connected devices probably, So REBOOTING the router is definitely not something I want to go through.

If on the odd chance it gets a power cycle I have had it forget everything from the WiFI SSID and Password that I'm using and the Guest SSID and Password. Then I have to go in change the default admin password and all the SSIDs.

This router is broke. Why when it reboots does it have a different Config file ?? 

Current Config file = foA,.iyewrkldJKDHSUBsgvca

Send an engineer out tomorrow MONDAY 7th June ( I will be in all day) with a new router and it will be fine its been fine since I've removed all the Ethernet from the router ( apart from once when I had nothing and it rebooted luckily everything reconnected it sometimes won't) THEY WILL NEED TO CHANGE THE PODS OVER AS WELL

If I plug and ethernet cable into the router I can guarantee it will crash a good one on me. 

If it wasn't for the fact that I've got all the mobiles through VM I'd have terminated the broadband and gone to a BT Line and ISP don't want to do this but if I have to get a decent stable broadband then I will have to do this.

I've now started a complaint if not resolved soon will be leaving VM

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 59 of 61
Flag for a moderator

Hi Martinlburke, 

Thanks for your reply, I am sorry for your service issues I can see they have been going on for a while.

I have checked your area and there are high levels of downstream for this and I have forwarded this on to an AFM, to look into.

I will pop you a PM asking for some info and I can help you from there 🙂
Zoie

Zoie
0 Kudos
martinlburke
Dialled in
Message 60 of 61
Flag for a moderator

I've had enough of all this and will be terminating my broadband and anything else I have with VM but IF I'd of had a replacement router as I'd suggested then it would have resolved the problem that the router currently disconnects when anything is plugged into it. Therefore I have decided to go elsewhere for my services. I'm even getting letters stating there's some device using portmapper that would be good if it was true but as I'm running a linux server which is giving a false positive unfortunately every time my ip is  scanned it will list the rcp and give a ooh look portmapped.

Anyhow will be phoning up very shortly and cancelling every related to VM kit will be returned if required otherwise junked. Pity really as the PODS were an excellent bit of kit for my house

0 Kudos