Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 21 of 61
Flag for a moderator

Re: Rebooting router

Hi @martinlburke,

Thanks for popping back.

Sorry to hear you've had some further issues.

Are you able to perform a pinhole reset? This essentially takes the hub back to factory settings but can clear many issues.

Let us know how you get on. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
martinlburke
Dialled in
Message 22 of 61
Flag for a moderator

Been there several times press it in 30 seconds sometimes it worked for a day others times didn't work last time lasted 4/5 days then out of internet. NOW my pods aren't connecting so wifi is duff in areas of the house and the wifi cameras have problems connecting often they don't luckily they have SD cards (well one does)

One of my computers when no internet complains that its ran out of memory and has to have the power removed from it.

Getting beyond a joke now

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 23 of 61
Flag for a moderator

Your BQM is like showing a DDoS happening or bit BitTorrent.

Change your wifi password disable virgin media wifi hotspot and them disable the wifi which might not work due to a bug limit to one PC by wire and see if your connection is stable when showing unstable.

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
martinlburke
Dialled in
Message 24 of 61
Flag for a moderator

Can't disable the WiFi as then the pods that I have won't work and then the whole house is without WiFi.

Pods are VM and only work with the SH. 

Unfortunately the "help" isn't. Also the file server won't then work my house isn't a normal every day of the mill house. 50+ WiFi connections over 20 ethernet devices. Last time this happened it was down to the router failing.

If they could send out a SH4 preferably white this would or possibly should resolve the issue.

Only other thing that it could be is the cable into the house or the in the box

0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 25 of 61
Flag for a moderator

@martinlburke,

Sorry to hear the Pods are now playing up. 

Have you had a look at our WiFi Pod Troubleshooting steps?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
martinlburke
Dialled in
Message 26 of 61
Flag for a moderator

Have done all that disconnecting them from the mains left them a good 30mins and then they connect. BUT my problem still on going take Monday  was terrible to watch TV literally turned all the PCs and consoles off pods AND the SH3 eventually it all came back on. No issues when house is empty i.e everyone at work or school. Still think its the SH3 as that won't reset without a heck of a problem and 192.168.0.1 takes forever to load chrome thinks that its crashed at times and asks if it wants to close or wait. 

Would be great if I could have a new SH to rule this out obviously the pods would need to be reprogrammed with the new hubs mac add.

I eagerly await your reply

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 27 of 61
Flag for a moderator

Hi @martinlburke,

I am sorry to hear you're issue is still ongoing. I appreciate this must be quite frustrating for you.

I've booked in the next available engineer visit for you so they can take a look at everything on your end and find out what's causing this. If he finds that the router is the cause of the issues, they'll be able to replace it there and then for you.

To view your appointment time slot, please head over to your My Virgin Media account and go to 'my orders and appointments'. If you need to reschedule, just let me know and I can book in a different time for you.

Kind regards,

Beth

Beth
0 Kudos
martinlburke
Dialled in
Message 28 of 61
Flag for a moderator

@Beth_G just to let you know that I do have 2 VM Pods in the house that would need to be reprogrammed if the router had to be replaced. 

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 29 of 61
Flag for a moderator

Hi martinlburke,

If the engineer needs to replace the router during his visit, I would advise to just remind him that you do have the Pods and he'll be able to ensure they're set up and linked with the new hub.

Kind regards.

Beth

Beth
0 Kudos
martinlburke
Dialled in
Message 30 of 61
Flag for a moderator

Ok can't see the appointment on the app but would need to be either a Monday or Friday 

0 Kudos