cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really hard to get in touch

DrDX
Tuning in

Why is it so hard to get in touch with you? The VM website goes round in loops or goes to ‘Oops 404 ‘ pages and you gave no email and your phone system takes ages then you have some unfortunate person reading indiscernibly from a script in a noisy room, with no authority to take decisions.  You said to use homescan app to detect a problem which I did but your customer service is terrible, even worse than the wifi! How can I get you to see the homescan results and send the promised equipment? Your answer is always to make us pay more for another upgrade which doesn’t fix the problem. 

7 REPLIES 7

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It sounds like you are scanning your wifi network on the Connect App with a view to getting a Pod - is that correct?  If so see this as a starter...

To address the wifi issues, VM now supply “wifi Pods” (no longer doing cheap and cheerless and poor value “boosters”). However, their Pods are only free to customers on the 1GB, Volt (or old Ultimate Oomph) packages - is that you? If so they are worth trying - they should work for you. VM Wifi is now “guaranteed” to 30 Mbps/room it’s now called… Wifi Max
See if anything in here helps….

https://www.virginmedia.com/wifi-max

You call 0800 064 3850 to order the first one after scanning for blackspots using the connect App.- or just wait here for a VM person to respond in a day or two and they will sort the first one for you. If you do call dont get fobbed off by the offshore CS agents' saying you aren’t eligible - you are - it is clearly stated on the webpage.

If not free to you… you will be charged £8/month for up to 3 pods (note - BT charge £10/mo for their whole home wifi solution). It’s a simple solution and should work for you. However, you would soon pay off that cost by buying your own wireless solution that will be yours to own and use forever, although the VM Pods should be a simpler option.

If you do want to invest in better equipment, you would need to get either a… (1) Mesh System, (2) Wireless router, (3) Wireless access point, (4) a pair of good quality Wifi Powerline Adaptors, or a combination of (2&3).

£40-100 (that’s ~4->12 months of Max Pod rental) should sort it for most customers with an average property and usage. Spend more for additional advanced“features” - if required.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi @DrDX 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

We're sorry to hear about the poor experience you've had and that you feel this way 😔

If you could answer the questions posed by @jbrennand, that'd be really helpful.

Advice on how to order WiFi Max can be found in the link provided. Please refer to the section entitled "Want to know more?".

If you're continuing to have problems thereafter, let us know and we can look into this for you further.

Regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel, I don’t need to pay for wifi Max I just need the plan I’ve paid for to work. And for Virgin to do what they say they’ll do on their website which is send me a wifi booster as the service is so poor. I already upgraded twice in the hope the Wi-Fi would work and the salesperson never offered booster pads. But they are advertised on your website as a thing you get if the basic wifi is no good. 

4F014E83-6D0C-40F4-84CB-536047C6070F.jpeg

 also some of your links about getting in touch sbout this don’t work. Trying to charge me sn extra £8+ a month for the original service at £45 to actually work is a big fraudulent scam in my opinion and I will be taking this complaint further. 

597CE16A-D179-4AFB-BF33-B335F81CBB1A.jpeg

F424F0B5-40A2-4CDE-8FC0-318C681AAC00.jpeg

C7F2E276-E0D6-4D7A-9398-ACB14689F309.jpeg

A2198898-2208-471E-98A8-DE69FE86E24B.jpeg

 here’s the ‘helpful’ contact link for if your wifi speeds are rubbish 

Thank you for reaching back out and I am sorry to hear this, we don;t actually guarantee WIFI we only guarantee a service from the cable.

I have taken a look from our side and everything is looking okay your levels are very healthy.

With the WIFI max this is something can be chargeable, the pods are only free if you have a 1GB service or Volt package.

The speeds you get at home will, of course, depend on a variety of factors, it depends on your package, what and how many devices you have, how they are connected amongst other things.

There are so many things that can influence a WiFi connection some of which include but are not limited to, a fish tank being in the same room, walls being built with concrete instead of brick, it could even be that your next door neighbours router is interfering with yours. Due to this, we are only able to offer limited help. Please have a look here: https://virg.in/wifisos

The Hub's location could also be causing the coverage problem so we do need to check the positioning of it. Can you please ensure the following:

> Out in the open

> Next to the TV not behind it

> Away from large bodies of water (e.g. fish tanks)

> Away from baby monitors and cordless phones

> Away from microwaves

Think of the Hub as a radio, and WiFi as the sound - the further away you are from the radio, or the more obstacles that are in the way (walls, electronic devices etc.), the quieter the radio & the poorer the WiFi.  Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?