Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re the weak secruity post

i have tried to access my router and adjust settings , but the password on my hub3 is not being recognised , i am not aware that i changed  the password and there is no where i can ask to reset if i have and forgotten it

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Re the weak secruity post

The only way you can reset the password is to reset your whole hub - this will make it lose any changes you have made (incl. wifi name/password).

From https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-reset-your-hub...

Factory reset the Hub

• On the back of the Hub, press the pinhole reset button for 10 seconds
  • We recommend using a pin/pen for this
  • Turn the power switch off and on again
  • Once the light ring stays solid white you’re good to go

Tip: The Hub will return to its factory settings, so if you’ve made any changes like updating your WiFi password, you’ll need to set these up again after the Hub has reset.

Highlighted
Community elder
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi suex,

Please make sure you are entering the SETTINGS password ( 8 numeric characters) and not the wifi password 

If you are entering the correct settings password then please follow the advice of  @jbrennand on this post then you should be able to reset your router to factory conditions, and the password will be the same as on the base of the unit. Pinhole reset 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hub-3-Password

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos