cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-setting router password

Allyw7118
Joining in

I know how to reset my router password, by sticking a pin in the re-set button, this sets it back to factory settings so the password will be as that listed on the bottom of the router. I can also change it through my Virgin account.  I changed it as I have a wifi blocker app to try to kick my son off his endless gaming. However, the little tyke has found out that if he sticks a pin in the reset button, this will revert the password back to that on the bottom of the router, then my wifi blocker won't pick up the router! My way round this next is to buy a lockable box to stick the router in so he can't set the re-set button.  However, what happens if he unplugs the router - does the router go back to it's default settings?  I have tried Mac filtering which doesn't work frustratingly. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jem101
Superstar

No, a simple restart of the router, ie unplug and reconnect, will not reset the configuration. It will start up with the same settings as it had before.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

jem101
Superstar

No, a simple restart of the router, ie unplug and reconnect, will not reset the configuration. It will start up with the same settings as it had before.

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, Allyw7118,

jem101 is correct that a reboot will not reset any personal setting configured on the hub.

Cheers,

Corey C