Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re-positioning router

Hi Community

We need to move our Hub 3 to a better location in our house, ie to the lounge, to try to improve the signal/wifi.  It would be difficult lifting the floorboards, etc to re-run the router's coax cable. however we still have a cable in the lounge that was used for a Virgin TV box.  We think therefore that both cables must meet in a 'splitter box' under the floor.  Can this coax cable be used for the router?

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Re-positioning router

Yes, you can swap the Hub and TV Box.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If the cable is still live and working then yes.

You may need to check power levels etc. after moving it.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thank you .... will try it out 🙂

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thank you too ..... we'll be trying it out tomorrow.  We've taken took some power level readings this past week to compare 🙂

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It worked and the signal is much better throughout the house 😊  and we don't think we'll need to invest in a power line extender now 😊  Only wish we'd realised about the unused TV cable earlier.

Again, thank you guys !

0 Kudos