cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-contract

ahmedhasantaha
Tuning in

Hi

Please, I had a contract for 22 month which ended last August then I am paying now at increased rate.

How can I redo the contract again with the lower rate.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Call 150 from a VM phone or by dialling 0345 454 1111 options 1,1,4,4, (thinking of leaving) from any phone - they are still picking up (in the UK too) - calling at 08.00 is the best time to get through with short wait times.

Tell them now your contract period is over you are planning to leave for another supplier with a better deal. They should propose another package for you at a cheaper rate in lieu of starting a new 18 month contract. If that suit you - agree and there you are.  Or just say no thanks and leave the call and try the next day at a different time of day and see if it improves.

Deals vary daily - you may actually have to cancel and move elsewhere. When you do that then the retentions team usually all you back within the 30-day notice period and offer you a final last deal - its a bit of Russian roulette though 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

lotharmat
Community elder
You need to call 150 or 0345 454 1111 (from a non Virgin phone) and go through to retentions!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Call 150 from a VM phone or by dialling 0345 454 1111 options 1,1,4,4, (thinking of leaving) from any phone - they are still picking up (in the UK too) - calling at 08.00 is the best time to get through with short wait times.

Tell them now your contract period is over you are planning to leave for another supplier with a better deal. They should propose another package for you at a cheaper rate in lieu of starting a new 18 month contract. If that suit you - agree and there you are.  Or just say no thanks and leave the call and try the next day at a different time of day and see if it improves.

Deals vary daily - you may actually have to cancel and move elsewhere. When you do that then the retentions team usually all you back within the 30-day notice period and offer you a final last deal - its a bit of Russian roulette though 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Great. I will try that. Thank. you so much.

Thank you!

Let us know how you get on!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7