cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: SYNC Timing Synchronization failure while in vr

ravish
Joining in

Hello, I'm facing same exact errors in router logs as soon as I got my broadband upgraded to Volt125 from 50mbps and swapped my Hub 3.0 with new Hub 5.0. 

I don't even use any VR streaming or protocols being mentioned above.  I've tried everything suggested above:

- Factory reset
- Eliminated all connected devices down to a single laptop
- Blocking 554 port in router config
- Connect router directly to wall socket without any coax splitters etc. 

Connection was stable for 5 years on 50mbps now I'm paying double for worse connection. Please let me know what eventually worked if anything for you all 🙏

3 REPLIES 3

LiamRC
On our wavelength

Hey Ravish, 

So I had the same issue a while back, first things first, I would recommend to set up a BQM and link it to this thread. 

Next thing I would do is to copy and paste your logs into a table, this will help to let others know what could be the cause. 

Thirdly, I would check my thread here: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming-Support/SYNC-Timing-Synchronization-failure-while-in-vr/.... Multiple people came out and helped me figure it out fully. 

To keep it short in terms of what fixed my issue with the fully, was switching from a hub 5 to a hub 4, for a specific set of reasons the hub 5's firmware has a issue with a tcp protocol which causes it to crash (please note this only happens on very few games, not all vr games, specifically games that has a livestream going, for example vrc, or games that use a livestream for their music), if it is almost completely identical to my issue, then you will need to contact support and explain your case.... or continuously post updates here and wait about 1-2 weeks for a member of the forum team to ask you multiple questions, then give you the fun response of "there isnt any issues on our end" spiel. 

I wish you goodluck Ravish, and I hope the link i have posted in here to a different thread can help you. 

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @ravish 

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the issues with your broadband 

How has your connection been since Thursday? Have you noticed any improvement?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks Liam.  I'm not playing any VR games at all.  But I still have this exact issue as yours (same logs in router).  I did see your post and issue only happened when I upgraded from Hub 3.0 to 5.0.  

I have ended up putting my Hub 5.0 in modem mode and bought a better router (TP Link) which is now stable as a rock.  VM offered to send an engineer but I don't have patience to explain and wait for them to eliminate unrelated issues before getting to the problem.  Hope this helps someone else, but I highly recommend spending £60-£120 for a new router.  Especially if your wifi is like oxygen for you like me 😉