cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Hub 3 red light of death!

avramlevi
Joining in

Hi John, I have the same issue. The power light is constantly red but everything seems to be working fine. Should I be worried? Thank you. 

3 REPLIES 3

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi avramlevi 👋

Thanks for posting, and welcome back to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're facing a problem with your Hub showing a red light constantly. Whilst the red light can indicate overheating, this does not mean the Hub is a hazard or cause for worry - it could simply mean a part of the technology inside the Hub is operating at higher-than-expected temperatures.

Can you please ensure that the Hub is in a well-ventilated and open area, and not inside of a cabinet or an area with limited airflow? In addition, can you please try performing a Factory Reset of your Hub using the below instructions:

Using a paper clip or a pen, press the pinhole marked 'RESET' on the back of your Hub for 30 seconds. This will restore the Hub to its default settings, which you'll find on the information panel at the bottom. Then switch off the Hub for a minute before turning it on again. It can take up to 10 minutes for the Hub to power back on completely.

Please let us know how things go. Please be aware that if your Hub is hot to the touch, then please power it off immediately and unplug it from the socket, if safe to do so, then let us know. 

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hi Reece, thank you for getting back to me and for the instructions. I tried it all but the light is still red. The hub is placed in a well ventilated place. 
Do you have any other recommendations? Thank you. 

Hi @avramlevi thanks for your reply here.

No problem at all - we may need to arrange a new Hub for you so please allow me to investigate this for you.

I'm going to send you a PM now so expect this shortly and respond directly when you can!
Many thanks

Tom_W