Menu
Big_alan
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Random unable to connect to this network

I have exactly the same issue, I have to go through the process of on all my smart devices of forget this network and reconnect again. Tells me I’m connected but I’m not ! I’ve tried everything advised to do and no joy! Still paying for a service I can’t use! 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Random unable to connect to this network

This is not understandable - we dont know what issue that you refer to.

Start again and describe the issues in more detail with what equipment you are using on wired connections and wifi ones.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Big_alan
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I have a model 3 router that shows no error lights. I have 3 wired devices and use WiFi for phone & iPad. I have been having intermittent WiFi for about 10 days to clear this I have to select on my iPhone/iPad to forget this network and then re-select it which gets me WiFi but after short use returns to no WiFi. I have rebooted my  router but with no joy. A network test says all is OK. Again my wife works from home so we are using Data only. What to try next? I’m grateful for any help, I haven’t flagged it up to Virgin yet. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Assuming your wired connections are all ok then as VM don’t “guarantee” speeds over wifi (only ethernet cables) they only now supply “wifi pods” (not “boosters”). These are free to customers on the 1GB or Ultimate Oomph packages, and so are worth trying if you are on one of those. But they are out of stock at the moment (until the end of the month - reportedly)

Otherwise, you will be charged £5/month - and at that level of investment you would soon pay off that cost by buying your own better quality wireless equipment (not extenders) which will solve any wifi issues permanently, and will be transferable to other BB suppliers kit should you move supplier.

Get either a…

(1) Mesh System, (2) Wireless router, (3) Wireless access point or (4) A combination of (2) & (3).

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos