Menu
Stewy090
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Random unable to connect to this network

Having massive issues with random devices throwing you off internet and getting message unable to connect to this network!!! Have spoken to Virgin with little or no help as the operator can hardly understand my issue due to language barriers, we moved to Virgin from BT as we had constant issues yet we seem in a worse place now. My wife runs her company from home and can not afford to be bottled of calls etc yet this happens far to frequently

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Random unable to connect to this network

If your wife is running a business at home - are you on the Business package or trying to do it on the residential one? And what Hub model do you have - on what speed package?

Then, are these issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection related?

And what are the various Hub lights showing/doing when this happens?

Also what devices are dropping? If its phones on wifi are they connecting on the 2.4 or 5 GHz band?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Stewy090
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It happens on a number of devices, it can be our daughters chrome book, iPad, kindle or phone. It is normally associated particularly on zoom calls, teams etc.... it is so frustrating!!  The actual internet speed is pretty good and stable

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Stewy090 wrote:

It happens on a number of devices, it can be our daughters chrome book, iPad, kindle or phone. It is normally associated particularly on zoom calls, teams etc.... it is so frustrating!!  The actual internet speed is pretty good and stable

All of those devices normally connect on wifi.  what's it like if you connect a (different?) device by ethernet cable at the same time?  This is to see whether it might be a wifi only issue or a true "network connection issue".

VM's solution to wifi only problems is to now supply “wifi pods” (not “boosters”). These are free to customers on the 1GB or Ultimate Oomph packages, and so are worth trying if you are on one of those. There are stock supply issues at the moment though.

Otherwise, you will be charged £5/month - and at that level of investment you would soon pay off that cost by buying a "better quality" wireless solution that will be yours to own and use forever.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Stewy090
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Our smart TV is connected via Ethernet cable and has no issue at all on I player etc, I do think it’s something to do with the home hub/wifi

0 Kudos