Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

RPBlock

I received a card today from an engineer regarding RPBLOCK. I spent an hour waiting to speak to someone in virgin customer service today and they told me my broadband would be back on this evening. It's not! My wife is working from home and can't do that with the Wi-Fi off. Please sort this asap.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: RPBlock

they can't do anything remoty. RPBLOCK means that a engineer has detected a network fault and track it to your line injector noise into the network so you have had your connection removed to protect the rest of the network. If the engineer was able to get access to fix it at the time he would of but as they wasn;t able they ahd to remove the noise source.

you will need an engineer out and they will need access to your home

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the information but I'm aware of all this as I did speak to somebody in Customer Service today. Who also told me my broadband would be back on by teatime, which clearly hasn't happened and won't be happening any time soon. But they couldn't book an engineer for me either! So what's the point in spending an hour waiting to speak to someone for them to tell me it'll all be sorted by this evening when that's not the case. It's terrible service at best! 

I don't know how to get it resolved that's my issue, and in the meantime my wife is unable to work from home. If I knew how to get it resolved it would be a start! I've rang the number, quoted RPBLOCK as requested and been robbed off. 

Virgin seriously you need to sort this asap! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sorry but this is a residential service with no guaranteed service times.  If you need continuous broadband for business use then get a backup connection. A 4G broadband contract will cost about £20 a month. Or get a proper business line from Virgin Business. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

That's not very helpful.

how many people during the pandemic have organised a business line to work from home? Not many would be my estimate. 

I just need it sorting and fast. I've followed the instructions to get it fixed and got nowhere!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It may not be helpful but it’s what your contract states, pandemic or not.

Forum rep response times here are 7 days average, if not you can call or use the sms service 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos