Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

RED LIGHT on HUB

My HUB has a continouos RED light which I believe indicates over heating.

I have tried all the resets many times, pushed the secret button in the back, dismantled and reassembled and left off overnight. Alas the red light is still on.

Also the service continually goes down and my speeds are nowhere near the average down and uploads. (maybe b'coz of modem?). THis is happening very often over last year.

I need to use the hub for meetings, lectures, recording and other stuff all day, every day - VIRGIN can you please help asap.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: RED LIGHT on HUB

Just to check are you in Modem mode? If not can you go to modem mode and the light should go "Magenta" and be a different colour - does it do that. Then go back to router mode and see whether it comes back red.

If it does stay red (not Magenta) report back.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for REPLY.

I changed to MODEM MODE - no change in colour - still fiery red.

I changed back to ROUTER MODE - no change in colour (other than the green wifi light came on and has now gone off again).

The wifi works fine most of the time - but it just goes down a lot in the middle of important stuff. Shows broken signal sign regularly. And that button has not been white or any other colour than RED for a long time.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

In Router Mode the red power light is an indication of over heating and most not be ignored.

Do not be fobbed off with "if it is cool it will be OK" or "Just blow a fan over it", this is dangerous advice.

When you go out or retire for the night ensure that the Hub is unplugged from the mains.

The only fix is a replacement Hub.

You can either phone in (08:00 is the best time) or wait on here for a few days (6 to 7 days average) until one of the VM Forum Staff comes along.

If you wait on here Do Not bump the thread it will put it further down the VM 'to do list'.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

THank you for your speedy advice.

Much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I will flag for VM to take a look - in the meantime switch it off when you are not in or in bed - just to be safe 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi weebisom,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear there's an issue with the hub, 

I've been able to locate your account using your forum details, regarding the performance issues there is an area congestion issue that you're currently affected by, estimated fix date for this is 25th November.

After going through diagnostics it does advise that I need to arrange an engineer visit, I have noted about the red light on the modem also- you can view the time and date of your appointment via your online account here

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos