Menu
NickHine
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

RCS Partial Service and SYNC

Good Morning

Please can you help.

Over the past 2 weeks or more we have noticed intermittent drop outs on our broad band connections.  This means dropping of web call and breaks in streaming videos.

I have rebooted the router, checked cabling, hard wired checks, wifi reset many times and I am sure that it is not localised to my set up.  I was on line with a neighbour yesterday and we both experinced a drop out in our connnections at the same time - both through the link and through VOIP.  We both checked our logs and found that we had both had the same Warning - RCS PPartial Service and "Critical" - SYNC Timing failure at the same time.

Through our neighborhood group I have asked for any body else and have been sawmmped with over 11 people on our road who have also experienced drop outs over the past 2 weeks on Virgin. I have all their names and addresses.  Many have also complained that they have tried to call the help line but have got no where.

So it appears that we have a issue that affects over 13 houses/ connections on our street.  That cannot be a  coincidence.  There must be a common issue that is affecting us all and my guess it is not at each house but at a common junction box.

Can you help me?

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: RCS Partial Service and SYNC

Good afternoon @NickHine 

Thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have been experiencing some intermittent dropouts on your broadband services. 

Are you able to let me know if you are having the drop outs via both wireless and Wired connection? 

Are you able to set up a BQM so we are able to monitor the dropouts? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M 

0 Kudos
NickHine
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zak

thanks for reply 

so I am using wired connections 

I will set up BQM, I registered this morning.

what is specific is that both myself and over now 14 neighbours on our street have the same issue and I have drop outs occurring at the same time. 

it is not localise just to my house. 

We need to get to a senior engineer to check the main hub local to us all rather than wasting time with the customer service sending out junior engineers to check our hubs 

thanks 

nick

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to us Nick.

It's great to hear you're already in the process of setting up and getting the results from a BQM. Once you have these if you could post them back here we can take a look.

Thanks

Rob

0 Kudos
reparkska
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Just to reiterate Nick's point, this issue is street wide. I have also set up monitoring and will share my data with Nick to coordinate with you. 

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello reparkska

Thanks for contributing to the thread, sorry to hear you're experiencing the same issues but we're glad you have contacted us via the forums and welcome to the community also!

If you would like to post the results here you're more than welcome to, the more information we have in relation to the issue the better and it will help diagnose and hopefully resolve the issue as quickly as possible.

Rob

0 Kudos
NickHine
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

[url=https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/d51ca58d6115ef4bd7b54d01d801c9f17713d8b5-19-02-2021]My Broadband Ping[/url]

Hi Rob

we are still getting problems on our street

big drop out just now 

reported at my house and several others 

25 and 23 

also broad band dropping at house numbers 2, 3, 6, 16, 21, 23, 25, 34, 50  and no. 60 

BQC No.23

NickHine_0-1613745091924.png

There’s a very strong pattern that the problem is at the exchange 

how do we get an engineer to the exchange to check the connection?

thanks

nick

0 Kudos