cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quit Virgin Media broadband

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I have called Virgin Media numerous times to leave/resign my expired broadband contract. I'm the account holder and every time I reached out to customer service and detailed my request I've been redirected and hung up by the team after some time on the phone.

Although I appreciate that it is busy, I've been unable to provide the 30 days notice and because of my work shift it is hard for me to link with the team. Could somebody of the Virgin Media team help me with this please?

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
they never process cancellations on here

Try this .....

Call 150 from a VM phone or by dialling 0345 454 1111 - select options 1,1,4,4, - thats the UK based retentions team - but calling at 08.01 is the best time to get through without being diverted offshore I would record the conversation too. "TOP TIP: If you're struggling to get through or are tired of waiting in the queue - you can try Virgin Media's cancellation and retentions department directly on…. 0800 952 2277 or  0800 052 2001 - no guarantee of getting through there either though

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
do it by letter

Cancel In writing to…

Virgin Media
Sunderland
SR43 4AA

Include dates, name, address and all account details. They say to also include your phone number so they can call you to confirm - probably to make you an offer to stay.

Do it by registered mail with next day delivery guaranteed and also with a receipt for signature on arrival for your "proof".

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you John, 

I'll see if a member of VM can help me on the forum first but will consider the above as a last resource option.

Kind Regards,

Adrian

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try this .....

Call 150 from a VM phone or by dialling 0345 454 1111 - select options 1,1,4,4, - thats the UK based retentions team - but calling at 08.01 is the best time to get through without being diverted offshore I would record the conversation too. "TOP TIP: If you're struggling to get through or are tired of waiting in the queue - you can try Virgin Media's cancellation and retentions department directly on…. 0800 952 2277 or  0800 052 2001 - no guarantee of getting through there either though

--------------------
John
--------------------

@jbrennand wrote:

Try this .....

But I’ll bet it’s legal transmission of notice provided there is an explanation to accompany the method.  Virgin Media go out of their way to make it difficult for customers to communicate with them by reasonable means.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

Hi Adrian, 

Thanks for your post and it's great having you back on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you're having an issue with giving your notice to cancel. There are 3 ways in which you can do this.

1) You can speak to the team on 0345 454 1111 and selecting options 1, 4 then 4 again.
2) You can text the team on 0753 305 1809. Replies aren't instant and can take a few hours however it does allow you to go about your day whilst waiting for a reply.
3) You can write a letter stating that you wish to cancel your services. You will need to include your account number, your name and full address as well as contact details for you. Send your letter to Virgin Media, Sunderland, SR43 4AA

As you've mentioned you've had some issues with following these routes. I'm happy to take a look at things for you but in order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs