Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Question about frequent area faults

Back in early May I had nearly a week of no internet (green hub light, T3/T4 errors), which was eventually fixed when an engineer arrived and replaced some outside cabling.

This past week I've seen a return of the same original problem but intermittently instead of being a concrete block of no internet as in early May. The difference between then and now is that on each occasion there has been a registered local area fault, whereas back in May it seemed to be something exclusive to my cabling. However, back in May and again now, the thing that seemed to precede these dropouts was nights of heavy rainfall.

Is it normal exactly to see three instances in the same week of local area faults which require engineer fixes, and is it also normal that on all three occasions the fundamental problem seems to not be fixed? If it is rain (and I am not a network engineer), I wonder if Virgin are just doing cheap fixes and not addressing wherever wet is getting in?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Question about frequent area faults

Hello Blue2424

Sorry to hear of the broadband issues you've experienced recently, we can understand the concern and confusion caused after your earlier complete loss of service.

Whenever there is a fault impacting an area we always work hard to fully resolve the query as quickly as possible. But as you can appreciate, depending on the nature and complexity of the fault it can take a bit of time to fully resolve, there may be further instances and outages also during this time.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Rob

0 Kudos