cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public TFTP in a managed environment

NealSullivan
Superfast

I could do with a TFTP server on th eoutside of my network so I can take my new phone around, can I get a pass-out for it.

It's secure and well protected, but holding th e.cnf's for a Cisco SIP phone. In a read-only folder and used rarely. It's not for a modem-chipping setup I happen to have left sunny-side.just by accident.!

We had a strange paper-mail, lol what a waste of paper. For the few KB I'd not be worried, there's torrents to chase!!

So could I be spared another mail?
NEAL 

4 REPLIES 4

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yeh, so what’s the problem?

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

The problem is junk-mail coming that's un-nescessary. I know there's a server here, it's well wrapped and OK.. Please stop sending me mail about occaisionally-open ports. When I get an open-vpn phone (on it's way) it'll stop popping up.
Once every now and again I need an easy hole to post configs on.
NEAL

I assume you are talking about the emails and follow up letters ‘warning you’ about the vulnerabilities in your system, ie open ports and something responding on them, no?

If so and as long as you are aware of what they are referring to and confident about your setup then I would suggest you simply bin both the emails and physical letters. These are all fully automated and I’m sure than VM won’t have any sort of mechanism to take your assurances on board and make an exception for you.

NealSullivan
Superfast

@Tabletop, authoritativeor just interested?
NEAL