Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Public IP address - Rakuten TV

Suddenly I cant launch Rakuten TV with any device connected to Internet.  It works fine on 4g.  The problem lies with virgin and Rakuten have asked me to check if its a public or private ip address.  I have no idea and virgin cut me off after 1 hour of holding. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Public IP address - Rakuten TV

Also when I try post on this site with Internet on I get a 500 internal server error.  When I go onto 4g I can type fine.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Looks to be issues with this site tonight, as I'm getting the same errors too and my connection is otherwise fine in terms of web browsing.

It sounds like Rakuten are asking if you get a public, or private address from Virgin - i.e. are you behind a CG-NAT. The answer to that is that you are not behind a CG-NAT and you get a public IPv4 address from Virgin.

I don't use it myself, but it would be interesting to know if anyone else is having issues with Rakuten TV. In any case, I'd continue the troubleshooting steps with them as well.

Edit to add: I've just installed the Rakuten app on my Roku, and it launches fine, and takes me to the signup/signin screen. I'm on Virgin, in the Manchester area. Are you able to get this far, or does it not even launch for you?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ask if they’ve blocked your WAN IP

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Doesn't work via smartphone, smart tv or roku

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6