Menu
Mikeharris
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Ps4 connectiviry

Hi since last friday 4th october cant get my ps4 to sign into the playstation network. This just cut off. After spending 4 hours and numerous restarts,port forwarding and numerous calls to technical and gadget support they tell me my router has restrictions!!! I contacted tech support again and the reckon there isn't any restrictions and my router is working ok. I have tried another ps4 and I am getting the same error messages(np-40833-8). I cant even log in to playstation network on a pc connected to same router. If I try and access the playstation network via a mobile phone connected to the network it once again fails. But if I goto mobile data and log in it works fine. For me it seems the router/network is at fault . I just seem to at the moment be batted about without getting any resolution. Could someone help me out which is the best way to resolve this issue as of the moment it's useless for gaming. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ps4 connectiviry

Hi Mikeharris,

Welcome to the community forums and thank you for your post. We are sorry to hear you have been experiencing issues getting online with your PS4 online, we appreciate this journey for yourself has been frustrating up till now but we will do our very best to assist. This will require a private message in order to investigate further from our side. We will follow up right away.

Many thanks,

Louis

0 Kudos
darren_
Dialled in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/get-help/help-library/error-codes/np-40833-8/

The error code is a server error so your network connection is working. I've never had to modify any router config for the Playstation Network, especially not on any SuperHubs.

Check the Playstation Network service status. And try signing in to your account via a laptop/phone for more information as it may be an account issue.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Have "Playstation" blocked your i.p. address for some reason?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Mikeharris
Joining in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Just a quick update. Spoke to a guy on Monday after Sunday's debacle and he diagnosed my ip address had been blocked(and not just one account it was  any traffic to playstation) even trying to access via pc and mobile phone via playstation apps connected to router. The guy disnt know why it was blocked so i have been sent out a new router today which is now up and running and back to normal

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

If its blocked, its been blocked at the Playstation end. Your new Hub has a different i.p address - so dont do anything through it that will make them block your new one 🙂

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Floaty1970
Joining in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi. I have the same problem and have posted elsewhere. Does this indicate a ban of the i.p? If so, changing the public i.p address should sort it, shouldn't it?
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

and if VM waste money sending out new hubs for this reason i have a question....

@ModTeam why do virgin think it is OK to give out new routers/hubs to bypass a block pleased by a service/service owner.
This is why years ago we ended up blocking whole ISP from services becuase we couldn't block the people we needed to.

This (as a sysadmin) annoys me. If someone blocks someone you shouldn't be giving them a way to bypass the block. Reading between the lines of the computer misuse act this may well be illegal

1Unauthorised access to computer material.
(1)A person is guilty of an offence if
(a)he causes a computer to perform any function with intent to secure access to any program or data held in any computer [F1, or to enable any such access to be secured] ;
(b)the access he intends to secure [F2, or to enable to be secured,] is unauthorised; and
(c)he knows at the time when he causes the computer to perform the function that that is the case.

By blocking someone from a service you are denying them access to use or access that service. By taking any action that bypasses that block/ban you may well be guilty of accessing a server you are not authorised to

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Mikeharris
Joining in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

For the record nothing untoward was done so as to block the ip address. If you get blocked as an individual on playstation from what I have delved into. You get an email which blocks your account(which was never received)This was a total block on the ip address and nothing could be accessed via a pc,tablet,mobile phone,playstation(numerous different ones). 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

not the point. I'd still like a comment on this. from VM as its beena problem for years when trying to manage servers and firewalls

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos