Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Process to get free Wifi Booster process with top end package

Hi ,

I am extremely frustrated with virgin media as I am playing lot of money to get 500Mb broadband package with TV and on ultimate oomph package but if i move 10 ft from router in my flat i get less than 10 Mb broadband speed and this is going for months .

I called several time customer care and got my router replaced but didn't resolve issue and then engineer was sent but still problem continues .

Now engineer told that because I am on best package I am eligible to get Wifi booster free but when I called customer support  after getting disconnected for alteast 10 times having to hold for 20 mins each time  he said I can only get virgin media connect and when I installed and checked wifi it is showing as poor but it is not giving option to have wifi booster.

Can someone in this forum help and let me know what needs to be done?

This is almost unusable except if I am sitting next to router and office desktop is in another room and video keeps on disconnecting while on meeting ..frustrated to the core with virgin media.

Thanks,

Manish Bhushan

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Process to get free Wifi Booster process with top end package

WiFi isn’t promised or guaranteed as part of your contract. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

They are now only available to Hub 4 / 1Gbs customers.

On the 500Mbs contract VM will want a monthly payment for Boosters, and for the money they charge you would be a lot better off purchasing your own more powerful kit.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Just an aside. My son is currently working from home office in Roof. VM on ground floor gave poor  WiFi in Roof. He changed to BT, who he tells me guarantee WiFi access throughout house. If not they will provide extra kit necessary to achieve this. Now on BT and running 2 Zoom feeds on 2 separate pc in Roof via WiFi without problems I. If VM really are charging extra for WiFi boosters on high speed packages, they are going to lose business to BT. 

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@rockette wrote:

Just an aside. My son is currently working from home office in Roof. VM on ground floor gave poor  WiFi in Roof. He changed to BT, who he tells me guarantee WiFi access throughout house. If not they will provide extra kit necessary to achieve this. Now on BT and running 2 Zoom feeds on 2 separate pc in Roof via WiFi without problems I. If VM really are charging extra for WiFi boosters on high speed packages, they are going to lose business to BT. 

BT charge as well for their WiFi discs. They’re not free...

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If I want to upgrade my BT Line to Whole Home / Complete Wi-Fi it is an extra £18 each month.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos