Menu
Robin1956
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Problems with wifi and tv

Hi I have tel tv and broadband at 100 but am experiencing problems with wifi dropping out. We have about 11 to 12 devices. Plus the tv signal keeps pixelating making watching tv difficult. VM are no help. I have turned off and on the hub so many times but makes no difference. Any ideas ? I am paying £60 a month!

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problems with wifi and tv

Post the network, upstream and downstream logs from the hubs admin pages back here as text 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Robin1956
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I am sorry but I don't know what you mean or where yo get it. 

0 Kudos
conman33158
Superfast
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried a pinhole reset? Hold in the pinhole at the rear of the router for at least 50 seconds and then release (the lights will flash while holding in the pinhole reset button after about 30 seconds) then allow 5 minutes for the router to reboot and re-sync the connection.

***********************************************************************************************************************************
Super Hub 4.0 (modem mode) - Gig1 Fibre FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
My Broadband Ping - conman33158
0 Kudos
carl_pearce
Superstar
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Robin1956 wrote:

I am sorry but I don't know what you mean or where yo get it. 

Regarding Gary's request:

Create a BQM and post the live link.

Access your HUB on http://192.168.0.1, log in, and copy/paste the 'Upstream', 'Downstream', and 'Network Log' tab data, as text (You may have to click post twice due to an error), across multiple posts as requried.

0 Kudos
Robin1956
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Omg been on this for at least 2 hours this is just too difficult. How does the ordinary person stand a chance sorting this out.

0 Kudos
carl_pearce
Superstar
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Robin1956 wrote:

Omg been on this for at least 2 hours this is just too difficult. How does the ordinary person stand a chance sorting this out.

What's too difficult?

0 Kudos
Robin1956
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Copying the downstream  upstream logs and network log. Took me ages to even find them. I worried about resetting in case it messes everything up. I just leave it for now but thanks for everyone's suggestions.

0 Kudos
conman33158
Superfast
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Robin1956 wrote:

Copying the downstream  upstream logs and network log. Took me ages to even find them. I worried about resetting in case it messes everything up. I just leave it for now but thanks for everyone's suggestions.

The first this Virgin will do is tell you to do a reboot then a factory reset.

Super Hub 4.0 (modem mode) - Gig1 Fibre FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
My Broadband Ping - conman33158
0 Kudos