Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Problems with webchat and WiFi connectivity

FAO Nat following Fb post. 

Recent message sent via webchat after months of going around in circles and no-one taking sole charge of my connectivity issues:

As you can see from the MANY messages above I'm not happy with my services or the help I'm getting from this messaging system. Every time I message I have to wait hours for a response but then have to start over the next day with someone new. Why doesn't the same person follow up my complaint? Please can somebody sort out my issues with the intermittent broadband service ASAP? My neighbour was contacted and offered a new 4.0 router recently and I can't even get basic help. I would like someone to post me a 4.0 router and also a broadband extender as the WiFi doesn't reach upstairs to the bedroom. My problems have been going on since I transferred to Virgin over a year ago (see the messages above) and I will be transferring back to Sky if January unless these problems are resolved very soon. I pay a lot of money per month and have also just taken out 2 extra SIM cards which I will not hesitate to cancel if this isn't dealt with in the next few days. Thank you.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=4053519664661361&id=197718073574892

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problems with webchat and WiFi connectivity

I'm not going on Facebook 😞 A VM person should respond but it can take up to a week for them to get here.

If you want some help from the community here then start with a blank sheet of paper and describe what the issues are that you are having on your connection and why exactly do you want a Hub4 to solve them?

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

A Hub4 won’t solve your problems but will inevitably make them worse.

Wifi isn’t guaranteed as part of your contract 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi stephentod, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I have briefly spoken to you via our Facebook page and I am glad to see you have been able to reach out to here. 

We are very sorry to hear of the issue with the signal within your home and will do all we can to help remedy this. 

Unfortunately changing to a Hub 4 will not mean a fix for your signalling issues as there are many factors that can cause this. 

WiFi boosters would be the best possible option to increase the signal being received around the home. We can order these for you but as they are rented equipment, there would be a charge of £3 per month applied. 

For more information on WiFi and how to improve the service please click here

Thank you 

Nat
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

VM boosters at £3/month aren't good value at that. The maths says that you would be far better putting those monies towards sourcing your own better (than boosters) quality wireless equipment - which is then yours to keep forever.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos