Menu
sstewart87
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Problems with WiFi on Hub 3.0

I have the hub 3.0 and have been having issues for weeks with WiFi dropping, especially on my partners xbox whixh is the closest one to the hub. We are having to reset the hub at least once a day. I have 500mb broadband so surely shouldn't be experiencing this? When i run the network diagnostics from inside the hib settings it says we have wifi connection issues but doesn't say how to fix it and can never seem to talk to someone from technical 

any advice would be appreciated thanks

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problems with WiFi on Hub 3.0

May I suggest that you download and install a Wi-Fi analyser to show if there are any foreign Wi-Fi broadcasts interfering with your own Wi-Fi signals and where there are poor signal strengths..

From there you can look at refining your own Wi-Fi broadcasts.

I use this one ...

WiFi Analyzer Premium - Apps on Google Play

wifi-2

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
sstewart87
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

i have downloaded one on my laptop but its only showing my broadband connection nothing else. 

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

If you only have your Wi-Fi showing try widening the channel widths in the Hub Settings.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
sstewart87
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Not sure how I do that. I finally spoke to someone at technical who has said there is an issue with the signals for the whole area and they aim to have it fixed externally in 5-7 days. 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@sstewart87 wrote:

Not sure how I do that. I finally spoke to someone at technical who has said there is an issue with the signals for the whole area and they aim to have it fixed externally in 5-7 days. 

did you get a fault reference number?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

If there is a known fault then it will show on one of these places - otherwise you may have been fobbed off.
_________________________________________________________________________________
As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level. These may not be listed on the Area Status web page (Areas are not “Geographic” they are billing areas) as that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers) so phone may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
sstewart87
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yes he gave me one. 

0 Kudos
sstewart87
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Nothing coming up on either of them for my area. My partner thinks I'm being fobbed off as I threatened to cancel if it didn't get sorted, I just renewed my contract and took the ultimate oomph package and still within my 14 days cool off.
0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sstewart87, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Very sorry you're having some Wi-Fi issues, this isn't good., 

I've had a look into the back end of things and everything is looking good from here, minus a few little errors. 

Would you mind rebooting the hub for me and ensuring the hub is up right and in an open space? 

Let me know when this has been done and we can check again. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos