Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Problems with Superhub 3

Hi, in the past 7-14 days my superhub 3 has lost power, without warning, on numerous occasions. When I investigate I am finding that the front panel lights are often not lit, sometimes flicker and even when lit - and wifi etc, is OK - they will suddenly go out. I think it is a fault with the female power connector on the back of the hub, as it feels a little 'loose'. I have had my SH3 for quite a while and over the past 12-24 months I have had to 'restart' the hub dozens of times - by un-plugging, waiting 30+ seconds and then re-plugging - which is why I think that the power connector is broken or has intermittent connection with the internal workings of the SH3. 

Am I entitled to a replacement wifi hub?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Problems with Superhub 3

You certainly are.  The hub is VM's property, and is provided as an essential component of the services contract between you and them.  Sounds pretty clearly like a dodgy connector, so I'll flag this for the forum staff who can probably get a replacement sent out to you - but they'll advise on further steps.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

HI Stargazer,

Yes you should be as the hub should be covered as long as you have the service , just call them up and request a replacement hub to be sent out to you .

Try connecting the Power supply to a different plug socket. Make sure the 2 pin plug is plugged in firmly to the power adapter .  

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

thanks - I also noticed another manifestation of intermittent issues - I have my V6 TV box connected via wi-fi and I have seen quite a few - per day - connection drop-outs. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. That is very helpful of you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

If you can connect the V6 with an ethernet cable use that instead of Wi-Fi.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike, thanks for the suggestion my V6 is too far away from the router to do that - would need a 10m ethernet cable, which I don't have. The V6 has had very good wi-fi connection for as long as I have had it in tandem with the SH3 - until recently. It's only since the power issues with the SH3 have I also had connection issues with the V6.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Stargazer ,

You will just have to wait for the replacement hub 3 . I think with the power issue with the hub it can no longer provide a stable connection.