forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
brassed01
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Problems with Mobile phone connection

For about half a day earlier this week I lost with my WiFi and could not sign in. Immediate thoughts were that someone had changed my passwords which had not been changed from new. So I set about changing them which ended with me doing a complete reset of the Router. Have eventually got everything working with TV, Computer, iPad and Printer. Mobile works but not properly, it tries to log on but doesn't latch on completely ( circle rotates as it searches, stops momentarily then rotates again) and WiFi symbol on phone screen has 2 little arrows showing data transfer. I have seen on the internet that lots of people have the same problem. Phone is a Samsung Galaxy A30. Have tried it on 2.4 GHz  and 5 GHz but makes no difference. Router is the Realtek Hub3.    

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problems with Mobile phone connection

Have you split the Wifi bands?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
brassed01
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Have heard that mentioned but don't understand how to do it?
0 Kudos
brassed01
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Did a search and found a copy of the instructions posted back in 2019. Will see how it goes.
0 Kudos
brassed01
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Finally got round to doing the split but made no difference, fortunately still work but phone and ipad looking for another signal. ipad is set for 2.4ghz and phone for 5. Could also switch phone to 2.4 but none of it seems to make any difference. Took ipad to another part of the house with more walls between Router, but no change except it coming up with about 6 alternative connections, presumably house next door and others across the street.  

0 Kudos
brassed01
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

One thing I forgot about, checked back, the day before I had the problem with my WIFI and router, I got an email from my gas and electricity supplier to say they had resurrected my smart meters which meant I would no longer need to provide readings. Just wondered if that could caused the problem as it obviously works on WIFI and I have read it can interfere and in extreme cases make home WIFI impossible.   

0 Kudos