Menu
Quezzers
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Problems when using Zoom

I use Zoom for occasional meetings with a few people. I always have trouble with the screens freezing or/and the audio being garbled also frequent drop outs. I get messages telling me that I have unstable internet connection  and also that I have poor bandwith. No one else in the meeting gets these messages. There are usually no more than 6 or 7 signed in to the meeting. I don't have problems with internet normallydoes anyone have any ideas please? 

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problems when using Zoom

Which Hub do you have ?

What is your contracted speed ?

How are you connecting the device to the Hub, Wi-Fi or ethernet cable ?

In the UK Zoom has got probably the most latency built in, have you tried a any different different video conferencing apps ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Quezzers
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike thanks for the reply, my hub says Hub 3 on the label. My contract speed is 100 and I am using wifi  on a fairly new HP laptop. Sometimes the problem seems to improve after I have been on for a while but I have never had a time when I managed a meeting without at least half a dozen issues with it.

Regards

Frank

0 Kudos
Quezzers
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello, anyone else got any ideas or is it a problem I need to call VM about please?
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Are ethernet cable connected devices working ok? If so it will just be a wifi issue. VM will do little to help you sort that. There are a few tweaks you can try on the Hub, they may offer you "boosters" - for £3/month and that's about it - it is then down to you.

I have never used wifi on a VM Hub ! Assuming your wired connections are all ok, then getting your own wireless equipment will solve any wifi issues permanently, and will be transferable to other BB suppliers kit should you move supplier.

Get either..... (1) A Mesh System, (2) A Wireless router, (3) A Wireless access point or (4) A combination of (2) & (3).

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
jrf1968
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have this problem too.....not wifi because I can stream Netflix HD with no problem on the same device. Macbook Pro, high-spec.
0 Kudos
Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi @jrf1968

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Everything to do with your broadband looks fine, have you tried to install / reinstall the app?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos