Menu
itguy9401
Just joined
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Problems connecting to Shadow PC

Hello,
I'm using a service named Shadow PC, it's a remote computer service with always topped-up hardware that I use for gaming and for work.

The first day it was working flawlessly, then it started to give me troubles.

Now I can connect but the video seems slow, and I can't receive the audio, seems to be a lot of package loss.

My current home situation is this:

Screenshot 2018-12-02 at 15.56.43.png

The speed test result from SpeedTest to Virgin Media:

The SpeedTest result to an External Provider:

And this is the speedTest to Shadow Services:
it usually "dances" between 15 and 25it usually "dances" between 15 and 25

I really need to be able to use this service; do you know if there is anything I can do?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
markpeace
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problems connecting to Shadow PC

I am having the exact same problem. For three weeks or so Shadow worked flawlessly, and then suddenly its so laggy as to be unusual. Audio is full of packet losses and video is really jittery. Couple of observations 1)the connection speed reported through the shadow client is always 10mbps or more less than what is reported in a browser speed check.  2)like you, I'm noticing that the connection speed swings wildly … for me its anything down to 5mbps on my 50mbps package (and the frequency of this chimes with the slowdowns in my shadow pc).

I've lodged a ticket with shadow and they don't seem to find a problem at there end (and I'm minded to believe them - its great on my work pc). The sudden decline makes me think virgin have throttled something somewhere (I'm on an unlimited package)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
DreamOfCheese
Rising star
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Virgin have no throttling on the network as per their traffic management document which is regulated by Ofcom.

As both of you say it was working fine and now around the same time isn't it's possible it's an issue with the routes it's taking to get from Virgin to Shadow, a peer could be having an issue or it might have changed to a different peer. Worth looking into.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
markpeace
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks - how would I go about looking into this?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
s0ggylettuce
Just joined
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I've got the same problem. After contacting Shadow, it seems there's a compatibility issue with Virgin. They offered me a refund but I want it to work. I've spent money on games and I can't access them.

If it doesn't get sorted soon I might think about changing ISP.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
markpeace
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Me too. The thing is it was working, so someone must have changed something somewhere. I’ve had the same reply from shadow but I can’t get a clear answer as to what the problem *actually* is. ‘Compatibiliy’ doesn’t really make sense. 

Have you had any luck contacting virgin about it? Threat of changing isps might lead to a solution. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
MarkToon
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Any update on this?

Im on the 350mb package and Shadow was running really well.

Though this past month it's been terrible. Shadow support did a few tests and the issue kept going back to Virgin routing.

I have zero issues other than with Shadow.

0 Kudos