cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem

Rayxxx
Joining in

Getting (short) intermittent disruptions to broadband. The Network Diagnostic Tool acknowledges 'your home network has a few problems' but then just hangs! How do I get past this and talk to a real person?

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection related?

What are the various Hub lights showing/doing when this happens?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

How do I get past this and talk to a real person?

Broadly speaking you aren't supposed to.  But if you do, it'll probably be some poor beggar following a rubbish script that they don't understand, from the world's cheapest and least effective offshore call centre.

However, this forum has helpful UK based staff on hand, and an assortment of peasantry such as myself who'll do what we can to help.  As a start, connect to the hub by clicking on this link http://192.168.0.1/  9assuming you're using the hub in router mode).  That should pull up the log in page for the hub.  But don't log in, just click on the link "Check router status"  That'll bring up a window with five tabs.  Open the Downstream tab.  Select all the text (Ctrl-A if using a keyboard), copy it (Ctrl-C), then paste it (Ctrl-V) into a reply here as TEXT not screenshots.  Post that, do the same for the Upstream and Network log.  You'll get an error message when you post the Network log, just click on "post" a second time.

Then we can check for any obvious problems with power, noise or error counts.

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Rayxxx,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear that you've been having some broadband connection issues recently. Are these ongoing for you today? If so, have you checked our Service Status page for any known area impacting faults that may explain this issue that you're facing?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!