Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Problem with wifi

So our internet keeps kicking all of our devices of the wifi.We’ve been sent a news hub which didnt solve the problem.So they sent out a technician to fix problem.This also hasn’t solved the problem.And each time I ring virgin media,you get cut off o can’t even speak to anyone!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problem with wifi

What is your connection like using a direct connection using a Cat 5E/6 cable between the Hub and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Are wired connections dropping?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes believe it kicking everything off wireless and others

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Racheyroo

Welcome back to our Community - I was sorry to understand that you're having some issues with your broadband connection even after you had a new hub and technician. I was able to locate your account from your forum information and I can see that you have since contacted us and we have arranged and sent out some Boosters for you. 

Have you managed to get these set up and working? 

I've taken a look at things from here and I can see that you last rebooted around 5 days ago. We have no know area issues and no errors showing at all this end. All signal levels are showing to be exactly where we would expect them to be for your package and equipment. 

Hope things are looking better since your last post - if you're still having issues, please do pop back and let us know. 

It may also be helpful to set up a free “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any network dropouts.  It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of your connection. If you need any help with that please let us know.

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos