Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Problem with connectivity

Hi,

I recently had a problem with my phone line, the Virgin engineer when visiting said the line was old and it would be a better option to run it through the Hub 3 which he did.

Since then I have had problems in so much as one laptop and my Ring doorbell will not connect to WI FI, the laptop will pick up internet with an Ethernet cable but will not locate the WI FI at all, same with the door bell even when placed next to the Hub.

I have restarted the Hub etc with no luck, I do have quite a few devices, could the phone line be the straw that broke the camels back ??

Any advice appreciated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Problem with connectivity

Disconnect the phone from the Hub and fee how the problem devices run.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Mike, I did already try that to no avail.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Do a 60 second pinhole reset on the hub 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos