Menu
Settling in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Problem activating VM Hub 3

Hi,

I just had my hub delivered and can't use it. After attempting to call for activation I've been on hold for hours. Upon signing into my virgin account it now states I'm no longer with virgin media?!

Please could someone help??

Thanks

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problem activating BT Hub 3

your title and post are confusing - i assume you mean VM hub3

what numner are you using for activation - 0800 953 9500 - you need to keep trying - many hubs come self activating but not all but assuming yours is activated what are the lights doing on the front 

Tony
0 Kudos
Settling in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

replyoRe: Problem activating BT Hub 3

Thank you for replying!

Apologies for the confusion, I woke up early to try and get in early to the phone line!!

My hub is just showing a steady yellow base light.

I have the m100 plan. I got the hub, plugged it in correctly etc.

I'm calling the number 0345 454 1111 - I have followed the prompts to get to the activating option.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: replyoRe: Problem activating BT Hub 3

a solid white/yellowish light is good - well better than green - use the 0800 number i gave - probarbly ends up at the same place but its direct i think - how are you trying to connect - have you a wired connection - best to try that and then worry about wifi

worth trying a full reset - hold the reset button a good 30 sec then wait for it to start up - might take a few minutes as it usually needs to update the firmware if it does connect to the outside world

Tony
0 Kudos