Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PreRS errors again. This is not normal

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi all,

Please see my previous post for the background. Hub 5 Downstream Channel check please. - Virgin Media Community - 5418471

This is still ongoing despite being assured by VM there are no issues.  The PreRS errors on 50% of my downstream channels are still rising at a rapid rate, and I fully expect the Hub 5 to fall over within 5 to 6 days.  To be told the circuit is fine when it is clearly not.  I have, if you read the previous post, done all of the usual checks on my end to no avail.

Can a technician please be sent to check for faults, as this cannot continue.  I have a circuit that is impaired at some point and this needs to be resolved. 

To summarise,  reboots, resets, attenuators on/off all make no difference.  Once the Hub is powered on, the PreRS errors build up to millions over a short period.  I would also point out there have been no changes to the physical infrastructure at my end.  This just appeared out of the blue, so I suspect external faults are to blame.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Alex_RM   Hopefully some closure.  🙂

Tech visited and swapped out the Hub, really good guy.  Took interest in the old figures and information I had to hand. Decided a Hub swap was the only option as everything else was in spec. 

So far no more Downstream PreRS silly numbers.  These would have been prevalent immediately on the old Hub, so fingers crossed..... 

Didn't get the name of the tech, but if it's possible can you please thank him for me and a +1 on his appraisal !

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Might be better if this were posted on the VIP chat forum - to see if  Michael/Kei can help - and what the more technical VIP's think ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Adduxi,

Thanks for your post, and sorry to see you're still getting some errors. 

I've arranged an engineer for you now, you can view the time and date via your online account and reschedule if it's not convenient 🙂

Alex_Rm

TableTop
Up to speed

Adduxi,

You have a faulty hub. Presumably the tech visit will swop it out.

This really doesn’t look like a circuit issue which is why the forum team responses have been ‘we can’t see any issues’, well of course they can’t because there aren’t any.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Alex_RM   Hopefully some closure.  🙂

Tech visited and swapped out the Hub, really good guy.  Took interest in the old figures and information I had to hand. Decided a Hub swap was the only option as everything else was in spec. 

So far no more Downstream PreRS silly numbers.  These would have been prevalent immediately on the old Hub, so fingers crossed..... 

Didn't get the name of the tech, but if it's possible can you please thank him for me and a +1 on his appraisal !

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Glad you got it fixed.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2