cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Practically no broadband for over a month and constant lies from Virgin!

budyll
Joining in

Hi everyone,

I have been having constant issues with WiFi/broadband since 9th of July. I've spent hours on the phone with Virgin, had multiple engineer appointments cancelled over this time and they weren't even bothered to let me know about, when each time I was taking a day off from work just to be at home for said visit.

Last week I've called and made a complaint. I was supposed to get a callback on 9th of August as the fault in my area was supposed to be finally fixed by then. As expected, I've received no callback. When I called them back myself, I was being shouted at by an extremely rude guy. He told me that there was no callback, as the fix for the area fault has been pushed to 10th of August and that I'll get a callback then.

As you can expect, NOBODY called me back and I was calling them again myself. The lady told me that the fault in my area has indeed been fixed. She told me she even scheduled an engineer to come to my flat on 14th of August.

I've got no Internet again since around 10pm yesterday and the app started showing a fault in my area again! The above engineer visit on 14th didn't even show up on my app when she told me she scheduled it!

For over a month now I'm being constantly treated like a complete idiot, I'm constantly being fed lies by everyone I speak to at Virgin and there's no sign of it getting fixed EVER! It's been going on for such a long time and they can't even give me ANY info whatsoever as to what this darn fault is! 

Was there some sort of a micro nuclear explosion that completely obliterated virgin broadband cabling somehow?!

Did anyone had something like that happen to you with Virgin? We've been with them for over 2yrs and never had any issues at all, that is until now. I honestly don't know what am I supposed to be doing anymore, as they're constantly lying and the fix seems to be constantly being pushed forward!

8 REPLIES 8

budyll
Joining in

I just got a notification that yet another technician visit has been cancelled and the fault is still going strong! What the heck is going on here?! When will they finally fix it?! How am I supposed to finally get some answers?! I've been chasing this for over a month now and seemingly nothing is being done to fix it!

I'm getting multiple notifications a day over the past 3 weeks stating that the issue has been fixed! No it hasn't been fixed! Not even close!

budyll
Joining in

Can anyone from actual Virgin respond?!

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

They will respond in a day or so

Meanwhile, if your issue was similar to this recent one it might explain why the fix is taking longer than expected....

VM Cable being repaired.png

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & TNT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi), Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi, budyll.

Thank you for joining our help forums and for your first post here, we're happy to have you on board to the VM community. 🙂

We're sorry to hear of the issues with your broadband being ongoing to to reoccurring area faults and the poor customer experience over your previous calls about an update on your technician visit. 

This is very disappointing to hear and nowhere near the lever of service we'd aim to provide, sincere apologies  and we'd love to do our best to help you.

We'd like to start by explaining that when we identify an outage in an area causing problems to our network we'd put any technician visit nearby on hold until we resolve this.

Sorry to see this has happened twice in your case and the outage is yet to be resolved, could you advise if we've arranged a new visit for you since the last one was postponed?

Also, do you see any area faults currently showing on our service status page here?

Let us know more, happy to help.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I've had a technician booked yesterday 10th of August for 14th on Monday. It was cancelled.

The fault is still present for over a month now! I'm constantly being treated like in idiot by customer support employees and I've had 3 of them completely hang up on me while being extremely rude in the process!

Wh as t are mg options?! I pretty much have no broadband 90% of the time since 9th of July! It's now 11th of August and the fault fix is constantly being pushed forward! I'm getting NO INFO AT ALL! What is going on here?! What sort of fault takes over a month to sort out?!

Why am I supposed to even pay my broadband bill when I cannot use it at all for the past month?!

This is beyond ridiculous! 

Last week I was told the fault will be fixed by 8th if August. I call you on 9th of August and here that it'll actually be fixed on 10th. I call you on 10th and hear that the fault in the area has finally been fixed, which was a lie! Today is 11th and I didn't have internet AT ALL even for a few minutes and the fault was supposed to be fixed yet again by 4pm. Now it has been pushed forward YET AGAIN for tomorrow 13th of August by 4pm!!!!

What the heck is this mess?! When will I finally get back what I'm paying you for, you thieves?! It's been over a month!!!!

I demand a letter of deadlock! I'm being dragged around in circles, treated like an idiot by your customer service team and NOTHING IS BEING DONE TO FIX THE ISSUE!!!! All I'm being told is to "wait" constantly! I'm done waiting! It's been over a month and my broadband still isn't working!!!!

Hello?!

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @budyll,

Sorry to see that, I with you were affected by an outage, i would be happy to raise through a complaint with you if you would like to get one raised, if so let me know and I can discuss this with you.

Joe