Menu
Paulg2012
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Powerline adapters

Hi there previously posted about having issues regarding WiFi to a single room in the house where sons ps5 is currently. After endless attempts on the connect app still poor. 12mb while on the 500mb package. Needless to say his ps5 keeps lagging while gaming. Looked on virgin site they recommend netgear 1000 powerline. Purchased them raised it to 30mb which I think maybe down to something to do with fuse board and different circuits. Was told I would be receiving new smart adapters they have weeks ago still no joy. Without having to drill through walls and like 40m of wiring out house up and into loft does anyone have any ideas? I have a second box installed upstairs and I noticed they are fed from same place outside, can a connection be placed at upstairs point of access into house?

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Powerline adapters

You could move your hub upstairs if the coax already exists, though would have to disconnect the tv box there... I guess if you have a splitter downstairs you could move that too.

The best answer is the one you have discounted already - running a cable - but that’s understandable, it can be a pain in the neck. 

the next best answer is probably a wireless mesh system.. these come in various configurations and price brackets - if you’re looking for something that can provide reliable high speed and make the most of your 500mb then you’re probably looking at the higher end of the market which is £250+ check out the tp link M9 and the ASUS whole home mesh. 

Powerline stuff is, imho, a last resort option..

0 Kudos