Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Powerline Booster has weak security message

i am trying to boost wifi signal by using a Powerline Booster but the network has a message that says 'weak security' when conecting to the Booster.  I have already changed the setting on my main router to WPA which fixed the issue with the router.

But i dont know how to change the Powerline Booster to fix the same issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Powerline Booster has weak security message

What Make and Model is the Powerline Booster ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Personally I would ignore it as I dont consider that security type weak, but if you want to change it and your talking about the Virgin Booster, its a little complicated.

First you need to take a note of the booster settings password on the back of the booster.

Plug booster back in and open your connect app to find the IP address of your powerline, or you can log into the router by typing 192.168.0.1 and checking your "connected devices" to find the IP address of your booster

Type in the IP address of the booster and log in using the settings password you took a note of earlier, then you can change your security settings

I work for Virgin Media and my posts are my own opinions
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

WPA2 you mean?

What booster do you have?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The model is: PG-9072LG-VM

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey @birenshah,

Our hubs and equipment all come preconfigured with the wifi security set to mixed WPA/WPA2 for compatibility with older devices. This is now regarded as being insecure but we can assure you that your network is still secure.

Have you been able to remove the error message from the advice of @jb66?

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos