cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Powerline Adaptors with Hub 5

BlackMonk30
Dialled in

Hi

I currently have powerline adaptors (supplied by Virgin) connected to my Hub 4, which work fine as they did with my Hub 3 prior.

I am currently waiting on delivery of the new Hub 5 and was wondering will the adaptors still work with the Hub 5 ?

4 REPLIES 4

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

They should, but will need a factory reset to get the new Hub 5 SSID and password setup.

However, they are no longer supported, as VM are now supplying WiFi Pods.  These use wifi to connect to each other and the Hub.  You can then run an ethernet cable from a Pod to your device.  They don't use the house wiring for connections.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

spenno73
Joining in

Mine no longer work since switching from a hub 3 to a hub 5. Not impressed at all wish I had kept the old router as all worked great and only recently bought new adapters 😞

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What adapters did you buy that are no longer working?  Most PLA's use ethernet, so they should work with any VM Hub.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Client62
Legend

Make sure the power line adaptors are paired & are connecting to each other ( check the LEDs )

Use the powerline manufacturers app / program to check the power line adaptors have connected to each other at a reasonable speed.

If the poweline adaptor is also a WI-Fi access point, make sure that device has an IP in the 192.168.0.xxx range that does not clash with any other device or with the Hub's DHCP allocation range.