Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Powerline Adapters Keep Dropping Out

I have a Virgin Hub 3 and Trendnet Powerline Adapters and the Powerline drops out all the time and frequently needs resetting. 

I have always assumed this is a problem with the Powerline, but is it possible it’s a problem with the Hub? I know the Hub 3 is very unpopular with some people, so before I invest in new Powerline adapters, just wondering if the Hub 3 could be the problem in anyway?

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Powerline Adapters Keep Dropping Out

Powerlines rely on little to no interference and also being on the same ring main as each other.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Powerline Adapters Keep Dropping Out

Funny you should post this, I had the same issue just today. 

I found a forum where a man had the same issue. He used an ethernet switch and attached that to one of the ports on his router, he then attached the Powerline to the ethernet switch. 

I did the same and it fixed the issue immediately. I couldn't even access the router settings today after rebooting the hub manually. 

0 Kudos