cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power light flashing green

stasta
Tuning in

Hello all,

I got the Hub 3 on Monday and since then the power button is flashing green. I called VM up on Tuesday and told me that they will fix the problem. I got a text message this morning saying that the problem has been fixed but nothing has happened and the light is still flashing green. I rely on hotspot from my personal phone and it will run out shortly. The call centres are closed today - this is the message I get every time I try to contact them. Any ideas on how can I have the problem fixed? I have no internet since Monday this week. Thank you.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Andrew_M1
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi is is it just the bottom light on your hub that’s flashing green or is there a WiFi light and two green arrows that appear also?

Regards Andrew_M

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!
------------------------------------------------
Want an easy £50 Off your bill by referring someone to Virgin? Send the following text to 80011:
1st line - RAF
2nd line - Your Account Number
3rd line - Name of person your referring
4th line- Their Contact Number
5th line - 47758 Andrew
We will do the rest!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

the self start knows VM have been in the property before but it does not know that the line is ok until you connect the hub so it looks like there is a fault somewhere either in the property or the cable back to the cabinet - you need a tech - you need to ring and book one - there are VM people here they may be able to book something if they get back to the thread

Tony.
Sacked VIP

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

31 REPLIES 31

Andrew_M1
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi is is it just the bottom light on your hub that’s flashing green or is there a WiFi light and two green arrows that appear also?

Regards Andrew_M

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!
Want an easy £50 Off your bill by referring someone to Virgin? Send the following text to 80011:
1st line - RAF
5th line - 47758 Andrew
We will do the rest!

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@stasta wrote:

Hello all,

I got the Hub 3 on Monday and since then the power button is flashing green. I called VM up on Tuesday and told me that they will fix the problem. I got a text message this morning saying that the problem has been fixed but nothing has happened and the light is still flashing green. I rely on hotspot from my personal phone and it will run out shortly. The call centres are closed today - this is the message I get every time I try to contact them. Any ideas on how can I have the problem fixed? I have no internet since Monday this week. Thank you.

ihave you activated the hub - i would have thought 'their' fix would have checked that but if not it wont work - if it was an upgrade or a replacement you may find your old hub still works which would confirm its not been activated

Tony.
Sacked VIP

christech1
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

As a technician this is a common fault we come across when quickstart packages are sent out, firstly I would ask if this was sent as an upgrade or if you are a new customer. If you are a new customer I would make sure all the cabling is connected up correctly (The green flashing power light would usualy suggest the hub isnt receiving signal or able to lock on to the network). In that case if all the cabling is correctly fitted and equipment activated it will probabley require a tech visit. If you are an existing customer upgrading to a hub 3 then the likelyhood would be that something internal has been incorrectly fitted (If the old hub worked the likelyhood is the new one would also). If after checking all the above and the quickstart instructions where followed correctly you will probabley require a tech visit as there may be something external preventing service that a tech would be required for 

hope this was helpful

Thank you for your response, much appreciated. I am a new customer and got the quickstart kit on Monday. I am pretty sure the cabling is correctly fitted and have activated it as well. I wanted to request a tech visit but the call centres are closed today and cannot book any appointment. I tried to book an appointment online but the service is not currently available. I don't know what else i can do...

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

the self start knows VM have been in the property before but it does not know that the line is ok until you connect the hub so it looks like there is a fault somewhere either in the property or the cable back to the cabinet - you need a tech - you need to ring and book one - there are VM people here they may be able to book something if they get back to the thread

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Hello, thanks for your response! The bottom light is flashing green. The wifi light is solid green. There are no other lights currently. I am pretty sure the cabling is correctly fitted.

Andrew_M1
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

If the Wifi light is solid green and the bottom light is flashing green and the arrows do not show at all there is no signal coming through to your hub meaning your drop cable which runs from your property to the cabinet on the street has probably been disconnected or is damaged.

If you text +44753 305 1809 and outline what the situation is they'll be able to arrange a technician visit for you.

You could also use our live chat https://www.virginmedia.com/help/live-chat

Regards Andrew_M

1st line - RAF
5th line - 47758 Andrew
We will do the rest!

I texted that number and also raised the problem with the digital assistant. Haven't got any response so far - I appreciate it will be a slow response time due to the cov-19. Do you know for how long will I wait for and what the next steps are if I don't hear anything from either of them? Thanks!

Hello, I am experiencing exactly the same issue! my quick start pack was delivered yesterday. I have tried to call so many times also but without any hope. I am trying to order a technician but unable to get through due to the COVID 19.