Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Power light flashing green/ Connection issues/ NO Internet

Hello, 

My virgin wifi box has been working fine until a few days ago when I noticed a combination of flashing lights. The wifi, Netflix, youtube were all working so I checked the site and it showed that a software update was in progress.

After this update I've been getting the green wifi symbol with the flashing power light. It says theres a connection issue but I've unplugged, all cables, ports, power plugs and reinserted/ reattached / rebooted but this has make no difference. 

I'm out of options at this stage, talking to a real person at virgin-tech and getting someone out to look at it seems like my only option as I work from home and can't work without it. 

Any ideas welcome

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Power light flashing green/ Connection issues/ NO Internet

Try a full reset (Pin hole press for at least 30 - 60 seconds).

Note that this is factory defaults so you will lose any changes made by yourself over time of ownership, including password changes.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that. Locating the pin-hole now-

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Just did the 60 second reset as suggested, allowed to reboot for a further 10mins, still flashing green as before. 

😞

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sounds like hardware (HUB) or a line fault.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi fixmywifi00,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you've had some issues with your connection. I can see you've managed to speak to us and have an engineer arranged.

Pop back and let us know how that goes.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello, Yes. The engineer came round as arranged and explained that with the prolonged hot weather it's causing the virgin boxes (and metal components) to expand and well, not work as they should. He replaced the box with another (though it looked exactly the same) and hooked us up to another wifi network. 

All is kinda fine...but I've noticed the boosters are still transmitting the old signal so it's still intermittent depending where in the house you are standing. 

Is it possible to order boosters that are synchronised with the new network/box?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos