Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Power light flashing Green.

I am starting a new thread about this as that’s what is was told to do.
 I am having the same issue as it appears various people have (green wifi, power flashing green). I just received and installed my 'quickstart' kit today.  I have checked all the connections and they seem fine. I opened the omni ‘brown’ box outside and it just has the black cable from the street connected to the white coax cable that goes into the house, with a female/female ‘coupler’., is that right or should there be something else in the omni box?  I have tried calling for help, but the call centres are closed due to covid apparently, not sure if permanently or just today? I have also texted the Messaging Service number, but not received a response.

Please help I really would like the internet up and running ASAP!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Power light flashing Green.

Have you checked the 'Check Service Status' at the top of the page ?

If nothing is showing try phoning 0800 561 0061, this will tell you of more local issues that may be affecting your district. Be aware that it isn't a manned line.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Did you call to activate your equipment?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Have you just joined as Virgin Media Customer or is the QuickStart a fault replacement? If you're new, welcome to the family!

The reason you may be seeing the power light flashing green is because a QuickStart Kit can take a few hours to initialise and register to the network, unless it is a fault replacement. In which case it can be around 30-60 minutes.

I'm also sorry to hear you're not having much luck with the Messaging Service, you can contact Virgin Media on 0345 454 1111 and that'll allow you to run some diagnostics on your equipment, and if there are any issues identified, it'll pass you through to one of the agents who can look into it further 🙂

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thank-you for your reply, showing as no issues, I will try calling the number too.

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

@ReeceH01

I am a new customer, just received my equipment this morning. I have tried resetting/rebooting etc. still the flashing light. I have checked all the connections, they seem fine. A few hours to start working, really, that seems excessive.  

I called the number only to end up with "Due to covid our call centres are closed, try our website" and it cut off. 

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

@gary_dexter
I did call and ended up being told to just connect the equipment, following the instructions, and then that the call centres were closed and the call cut off, is there a special number to call to activate the router, or shouldn't it be activated when it is connected? I am getting very confused. 

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

There should be an activation card or sticker with the QuickStart kit.

Is today also your “go live” date?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

@gary_dexter
There is no activate 'card' or 'sticker', just a flyer with a QR code to scan (or a link) that just goes through the connection guide (plug in, switch on, done).
As for the 'go live' date, no idea what you are referring to or where I would find that out. When I log in to my virgin media account, it just says a technician is booked to install my services today, which was actually never the case it was always that my equipment was to be delivered today.

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Try 0800 953 9500

0 Kudos