Menu
Highlighted
Lenny59
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Power Line Adapters

I am getting connection issues with Wi-Fi in a bedroom. My Now Box keeps buffering or loosing connection altogether. Both power line units are on the same circuit and all lights suggest they are communicating with each other but still get poor or no signal strength, any suggestions please? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
dowie
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Power Line Adapters

Hi Lenny59

Are you using a Powerline Wifi extender? Some of those push out there own Wifi SSID (Name of Wifi Connection) check in the instructions and see if it mentions any thing. The ones Ive setup before were TP-Link and they have a program for setting the Wifi Name etc.. Also try using the ethernet port on the Powerline it should be faster.

Dowie
0 Kudos
Highlighted
jdoocey
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Is this the Virgin Media booster youre referring to? I got sent one of these last week as we werent getting WiFi upstairs. Since I've installed it, I cant get any of my own Power Line Extenders (ethernet only) to connect to my hub. I've been using them for years with no issues. Now theyre useless. And can't connect any of my kids games consoles via ethernet. I just keep getting "unidentified Network". I've tried unplugging the VM booster but still no joy. Don't know whats happened. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Lenny59
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi, yes these are the Virgin boosters. I've tried all sorts to get them to connect but the signal is so poor I've gone back to an old TP link extender that works but keeps buffering

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Lenny59
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dowie many thanks for your reply I will have a look at what you suggest and see if that helps, to be fair I've reset and paired them so many times I'm reaching the stage to return them to Virgin and buy some from Argos that look pretty good.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
andrewkp
Dialled in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Try moving the WiFi booster closer to your Hub than the bedroom, have a test doing this with the virgin one and the previous one.  Also move the hub away from the wall, TV etc.

While connected to this WiFi keep running speedtest net on your phone so you can see what works best.  

0 Kudos