Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Power Light flashing Green, no internet light, pls help!!

Currently (since I got up this morning) the power light on my hub 3 router is flashing green and I have no internet light at all. I have turned it off and on again.... despite this being the universal remedy for all things electronic (and some humans) it has not worked. I have pin-reset the hub and still no joy. I really would rather not contact virgin if I can avoid it because lockdown + added confusion + sitting in a phone queue is only marginally different in terms of stress to no internet at all......

Please please help me, wonderful, learned folk of the community support boards! I am bereft of Netflix and as a disabled, long term isolator with underlying health conditions, the internet is my only view of life out in the real world as well as my means of communicating with people!

Is there anything I can do without phoning virgin?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Power Light flashing Green, no internet light, pls help!!

hello Starryshapes, 

the green lights flashing on your hub is it due to being offline and not receiving any downstream, remove  passive devices like anttenuetors (small box between the cable coming in and the hub) as if they are rectangular and old can prevent signal passing through and reaching the hub. if this is not the case the issue could be external and may require a technician.

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

Fancy £50 off your bill? Ask me how and you might just get it!

Jordan

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jordan, 

Thanks for speedy response, sadly there are no such ancient plastic signal spoiling devices attached to anything, its straight into the virgin cable and the power source. The blinky green light is only happening on the power end and literally nothing coming through the internet connection it would seem..... I've turned it off for a while to see if a proper 40 winks rather than a brief 60 seconds is enough to rekindle its desire to function.... spark up some enthusiasm as it were, I can only think that the pandemic and/or lockdown has now started boring the backsides of even inanimate objects and my hub has actually daydreamed off into the ether... or like you said, the interwebs is just bost and someone with the necessary screwdriver needs to come and fix it!

*Sigh*

Off to give virgin a bell now. Deep, deep, resounding joy! Ah well, I did my best!

Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

im sorry to hear, it sounds like an external issue, either a damage to your cable going to the cabinet or a network fault in the local street cabinet. this would require a service tech to come take a look

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

Jordan

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi. 

send over your account number and area reference and I’ll have a look

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi there, how do I do that? Just message?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@Starryshapes wrote:

Hi there, how do I do that? Just message?

Yes, click HERE to go to @Morad_R's profile and click on the "Send me a message" button to send your details.

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks everyone for your help! This is solved, apparently outrage in my area not specific to just lil' ol' me! Should come on again soon and rescue me from my silent boredom and reconnect me to the world wide web with speeds faster than a crawling 4G snail. (Terrible 4G service in my own home grrrr)

Thanks!

Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

👍👍👍

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

💪

Jordan

0 Kudos